Version 1.2 Translation
How Do I Translate My Evaluations from Version 1.1 to Version 1.2?
This page provides information about and describes how to translate a project or program from Version 1.1 (created before September 14, 2015) to Version 1.2, which was released on September 14, 2015.
All New Project and Program Evaluations will begin in INVEST Version 1.2
As of September 14, 2015 all new project and program evaluations started are in Version 1.2 and it is no longer possible to start a new project or program evaluation using Version 1.1 of INVEST. However, users can make a copy of an existing Version 1.1 evaluation so that they can compare the translated Version 1.2 evaluation to the Version 1.1 evaluation.
Translation of Existing Evaluations to INVEST Version 1.2 is Optional
All evaluations previous to September 14, 2015, are in Version 1.1 and will remain so until the user makes the decision to translate them to Version 1.2, which can be done by selecting a button on the scorecard and confirming their intent. Any responses that match INVEST Versions 1.1 and 1.2 will be automatically brought over. All project information and collaborators will be saved. This function is permanent and not reversable (however a project can be duplicated prior to making the translation).
Users choosing to leave their existing scorecards in Version 1.1 will be able to continue scoring and will have access to the Version 1.1 scoring tool by selecting to continue scoring the existing project or program. It is anticipated that this access will be available for several years.
When choosing to translate a project or program to Version 1.2, all relevant scores will be maintained (that is, response to questions that have not changed will remain unchanged). In addition, all notes, collaborators and uploads will remain. The user will need to rescore items in many of the existing criteria to reflect changes included in Version 1.2 and will need to score new criteria. The table provided below describes the changes to each of the criteria and necessary scoring updates to assist in this rescoring.
Tip #1 - Create a Duplicate before Translating
Since the process of translating your evaluations from Version 1.1 to Version 1.2 is not reversible, it is suggested that you make a copy of your evaluation before attempting to translate it.
To make a duplicate evaluation:
- Go to My Workspace
- Find the evaluation you want to duplicate.
- Click on ACTIONS next to the evaluation name.
- Select the second icon that will be dislayed to make a copy.of the evaluation.
- The duplicate copy will be made and will be called "Copy of ...".
To change the name of the "Copy of ...",
- Click on ACTIONS next to the name.
- Select the first icon that will be displayed to edit the evaluation properties.
- Update the Project/Program Title field and select continue.
Tip #2 - How to Translate a Project or Operations & Maintenance Program
Use the following steps to translate a project or an operations and maintenance program:
- Go to My Workspace.
- Find the Project or Program that you'd like to translate from Version 1.1 to Version 1.2.
- Consider making a copy of the Project or Program first (see Tip #1).
- Click on the Project or Program name to open the Scorecard for the evaluation.
- At the top of the Scorecard you will see a message about Translating the Project or Program. In that box, select the option to translate and wait for the translation algorithm to run in the background. The screen will refresh with the translated version of the evaluation.
Tip #3 - How to Translate a System Planning Program
Use the following steps to translate a system planning program:
- Go to My Workspace.
- Find the Program that you'd like to translate from Version 1.1 to Version 1.2.
- Consider making a copy of the Program first (see Tip #1).
- Click on the Program name to open the Scorecard for the evaluation.
- At the top of the Scorecard you will see a message about Translating the Project or Program. In that box, select the option to translate to either System Planning for States (SPS) or System Planning for Regions (SPR) and wait for the translation algorithm to run in the background. The screen will refresh with the translated version of the evaluation. For questions with which module to choose (SPS or SPR), see the topic in the expandable list.
Tip #4 - Completing the Version 1.2 Evaluation
In order to assist users in completing translated evaluations, a Table of Modifications to Criteria in Version 1.2 has been developed. It briefly describes non-scoring and scoring changes made to the criteria and lists resulting scoring actions that are necessary. For example, on SPS-01, it states that Version 1.2 clarifies the SPS-01.5c timeframe and, as a result, this scoring requirement must be rescored.
To update an evaluation, users can download this table and work through each of the criteria to make the recommended scoring actions.